Friday, January 13, 2012

I don't remember the exact moment I saw my first aura. I do know that when I was 15 I saw my first aura that was not around a person. It was a florescent bluish-purple light around my kitchen table. I was taken off guard and felt a little scared. However, I always had very loving understanding parents. I was able to talk about it with them. I believe I've always seen auras around people I just didn't know what it was. To me it was normal, nothing strange. When I was younger I sensed them more than I saw them. The older I got the more it came to life visually.

It was exciting, an adventure. I was excited to share my experiences with friends and family. I soon learned however, that seeing auras was not something everyone could do. As I shared my experiences with others outside my family I found that I soon became known as strange and evil. At one point in time I even heard that people were saying I was a devil worshiper. I grew up in a very small town where nothing stays secret for long. I quickly found I could not talk about this with others outside of my family, and a few close friends. That was a lonely place to be.

As an adult I still rarely share my gift with many people. The people that I usually share with have heard about me from family members. I've been encouraged at times to write a book about seeing auras and spirits, another gift I have, which is what brings me to this blog. I realize now that there are more people like me, having experiences that they would like to talk about and share. This blog is somewhere for people to share their experiences and have open discussions about them. I look forward to our many conversations.

6 comments:

  1. You're amazing. It's wonderful that you'd create a safe space for people to share experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! I think that is the coolest thing ever! Good for you! I'm excited to read your blog!
    Steffani Stubbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly a gift, Errin. You awed me with this in the past. I look forward to being awed again on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it is great you are sharing this!
    also, i'm coming to the realization that spiritual sight is something that can be developed as a talent and gift through prayer and faith, and having an open mind and heart... when we think these things aren't possible, or that we can't develop them, we are exercising agency and taking the stance that they don't exist and aren't possible... whether we realize it or not, we are making that choice, and rejecting a potential opportunity to develop or receive such a gift... and so they are not possible, for us at least... and Heavenly Father respects our agency, because that is what he does, that is what makes him different from the adversary (and many other things as well;) but agency is a big one)...
    i haven't seen colors, but since i have been studying this stuff and reading the books we shared with you, i have had quite a few experiences with seeing spiritually these last few months... But for me, i have noticed it takes effort on my part as far as being Christlike as much as i can and following commandments, or at least making the effort to do my best, and also trying to not be "apart of the world" and seeking acceptance/ popularity... as far as seeing spiritually it has come at times when i hadn't anticipated it or even tried, but overall i have had to be in the right mind set and trying to be on the right path and seeking spiritual revelation...
    in relation to your gifts, i sometimes wonder, if people such as yourself are given these gifts in part to help the "blind" see the possibilities and open our minds to what could be if we had open hearts and minds... i'm sure you have those gifts for other reasons as well, but that is a possible reason as well...
    sadly, our world, by no accident, has become very foreign to spirituality and Gods ways, and so it makes these things seem very strange and maybe biblical and even evil to the ignorant... God's ways are not our ways, and i am realizing that if these things i'm learning or the ordinances in the temple even, are weird to me, that is because i am too much a part of the world/ Babylon and that means i have some serious work to do to get on the correct path...
    thanks for sharing, i hope you continue to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless You Judith....I'm proud of you pioneering your way like this. It is wonderful that you are willing to speak openly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Errin's sister, I didn't always know about her gift. It wasn't until I was 17 that Errin told me. That was the year that we "buried the hatchet"- our youth was full of fights, but once the prospect of my departure for college was at hand everything changed for us. That was the beginning of becoming best friends. After I had been in college for a while, she was down to visit me. I introduced her to my boyfriend at the time. We all chatted together for about 5 minutes and he departed. She turned to me and said calmly and lovingly, "Annie, you shouldn't date him. He doesn't have good intentions." I of course blew up at her- what did she know? She had talked with him for 5 minutes! I asked her to explain. All she said was that by looking at his aura the only word she could think of was...evil. Time proved that she was correct. I never doubted her again, and I always sought her advice and input whan I was dating someone.

    ReplyDelete